Eid-e-Mubahila - Mubarak

  • Mustafa Mawjee
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2010
      MUBAHILA
      ISLAM'S CLEAR VICTORY WITHOUT LIFTING A SWORD

      “To those that argue with you concerning Jesus after the knowledge you have received say: ‘Come, let us gather our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves. We will pray together and call down the curse of Allah on every liar’.” [Glorious Quran Chapter 3 verse 61]

      In the year 9AH Prophet Mohamed (SAWW) wrote to the heads of different tribes and countries of the world inviting them to Islam. One of the letters was written to the Christian community of Najran. A  large delegation was appointed to go to meet the Prophet (SAWW).

      Warmly welcomed by the Prophet (SAWW). they were put up in one part of the mosque where they were allowed to perform their prayers comfortably. They asked the Prophet (SAWW) as what he thought of Jesus and he said: “He was a human being created by God and was a prophet.”

      “Have you ever seen any child born in this world without a father?” they asked. The Prophet (SAWW) replied: “Jesus is like Adam in the sight of Allah. He created him from dust and then said to him 'be' and he was.”  [Glorious Quran Chapter 3 verse 59]

      They could not answer his argument, but continued to debate the issue. Then the ayah (verse) inviting them to a “Mubahila” was revealed. When real arguments fail to produce the desired effect, then to wish for the intervention of Allah’s judgement in order to sift the right from wrong, is called Mubahila.

      The Christians of Najran accepted the challenge and at the appointed hour arrived at the place where the Mubahila was going to take place. There they saw the Ahlul Kisa, the family of the Prophet: The Prophet (SAWW), Imam Ali (AS) Imam Hassan (AS) and Imam Husain (AS) and Sayyida Fatima (AS) and immediately their leader Abu Harith said:

      “I see such faces that if they raise their hands in supplication and pray to God that the biggest mountain may be moved from its place, the same will happen immediately. We should in no circumstance engage in a Mubahila with these sacred people because it is possible that not even one of us may remain alive on the face of the earth.”  They withdrew from the Mubahila.

      Mubahila confirmed the following

      1. The Superiority of Islam over other Revealed Religions

      2. The Prestige of Panjatan-e-Pak a.s. in the eyes of Allah swt

      3. Who are the 'Ahlul Bayt of the Prophet (pbuh)'

      4. The relationship of Al-Qur'an and the Ahlul Bayt a.s., and

      5. Islam, Qur'an, Ahlul Bayt and Pleasure of Allah swt - are different names for one and the same thing

      A'amaals for the Day

      1. Have a Ghusl /bath, put on new or clean clothes.

      2. Keep fast

      3. Give Charity

      4. Pray a 2 Raka't Salaat. near noon time , as under:

      In every Raka't, after the recitation of Soorah Al Fatih'ah, recite:

      (i) Soorah Al Ikhlaas 10 times.+ (ii) Aayaat ul Kursee 10 times. +(iii) Soorah At Qadr. 10 times.

      5. For Dua of the Day refer to: http://duas.org/mubahila.htm

    • Ali Alghamdi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010
        What we have learned of the religion of Islam that there is only tow festivals Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha are celebrated by the rods, which the Messenger of Allah may Allah bless him and grant him peace
        Even if the day as you say Almpahlh Holiday was celebrated by the Prophet before you!! But did not cast his mind because he is on days like any other
        So I ask you not to send any message to me later contain heresies and superstitions disservice to our religion