The WILL of our master Imam Musa al-Kazim(as)

  • SYED AELIA RIZVI
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 8:14 AM

      THE LIFE OF IMAM MUSA BIN JA'FAR
      AL-KAZIM

      By: Baqir Sharif al-Qarashi

      Translated by
      Jasim al-Rasheed

      The WILL of our master Imam Musa al-Kazim(as)

      “Surely Musa bears witness that there is no god but Allah, the One without a partner, that Muhammed is His servant and His Apostle, that the Hour will come without doubt, that Allah will resurrect those in graves, that the resurrection after death is true, that the Promise is true, that the reckoning is true, that the decree is true, that the standing before Allah is true, that what Muhammed, may Allah bless him and his family, has brought is true, and that what the Trusted Spirit brought down is true. In that I will live and die; and in it I will be raised from the dead, Allah willing. I have made them bear witness that this will is mine and that I have written it in my handwriting. I have copied the will of my grandfather-the Commander of the faithful, ‘Ali b. Abi Talib, peace be on him. I had copied the will of Muhammed b. ‘Ali before that; and the will of Ja‘far b. Muhammed is similar to that. I have entrusted my will to ‘Ali along with my children after him. If he willed, found rightness in them, and liked to recognize them, then that is up to him. They have no command in his presence. I have entrusted him with endowments, my properties, my retainers, my boys whom I have left behind, and my sons to Ibrahim, al-‘Abbas, Qasim, Isma‘il, Ahmed, and Um Ahmed. (I have entrusted) the affair of my womenfolk to ‘Ali, one third of the endowment of my father, and two thirds he places where he sees, and places in it what the possessor of a property places in his wealth. So if he likes to sell or to grant or to donate or to

      [1] Zayd al-Shaheed, p. 199.

      give as alms to those whom I have nominate to him and to those other than those whom I have nominated, then that is up to him. He is like me in respect with my will concerning my property, my family, and my children. If he sees that he has to recognize his brothers whom I have nominated to him in this letter of mine, he can recognize them. If he dislikes (to do that), then he has the right to cancel them without being blamed or refused. If he finds in them (something) other than that when I left them and wants to return them to obedience to him, then that is up to him. If one of them wants to marry his sister (to a man), then he has no right to marry her (to him) except with his permission and his order, for he is the most knowledgeable (of them) in the men from among his people. If a Sultan (supreme ruler) or any of the people prevents him or comes between him and a thing of what I have mentioned, then he is free from liability to Allah and His Apostle, Allah and His Apostle are free from liability to him, upon him is the curse and wrath of Allah, the curse of the cursers, the angels brought nigh, the prophets, the messengers, and the group of the believers. None of the Sultans has the right to prevent him from doing anything. He has neither responsibility nor result with me. None of my children neither he has a property with me. So he is trustworthy in what he mentions. If he decreases, then he is the most knowledgeable; and if he increases, then he is also truthful. As for my sons whom I have mentioned along with him, I want to mention their names and to honor them. As for the mothers of my children, they will take that which they take during my life time if they stay in their houses and their hijab, if he sees that. If one of them wants to get married, then she has no right to return to my property. As for my daughters, they are treated in the same way. Neither their half brothers nor a Sultan nor an uncle has the right to marry them except through his opinion and his advice. If they do something other than that, then they oppose Allah and His Apostle, and they struggle against Him in His kingdom. That is because he is the most knowledgeable (of them) in the men from among his people. If he wants to marry them, then he can marry them; and if he wants to leave, he can leave. I have ordered them (my daughters) to conform to what I have mentioned in this letter of mine; and I have made Allah, the Great and Almighty, as a witness over them. He (Imam al-Rida) and Um Ahmed are two witnesses. None has the right to uncover and spread my will, while he is in respect with it is other than those whom I have mentioned and nominated. Whoever does good, it is for his own soul, and whoever does evil, it is against it; and your Lord is not in the least unjust to the servants.[1] May Allah bless Muhammed and the family of Muhammed. Neither a Sultan nor other than him has the right to open this my letter which I have sealed in the bottom. If someone does that, then upon him is the curse and wrath of Allah, the curse of the cursers, the angels brought nigh, the group of the messengers and of the believers; and (that is) upon him who opens this letter of mine."

      [1] Qur'an, 41, 46.

      Not happy with your email address?
      Get the one youreally want - millions of new email addresses available now at Yahoo!