RE: Titi monkeys

  • snowyegret1999
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2013

      I have a family group of 2.1.  We noticed that their son and dam have very large teats.  They both have good body conditions, not obese. We are trying to have them tested because the male is producing milk from his teats or discharge.  Has anyone seen this in titis or any other primates?  Also, has anyone seen tail issues with family groups?  Andy told me that there is usually tail issues between offspring but we've had issues with the parent's too.  I was just visiting another facility with an older lone female and she had something happen with the tip of her tail.  Any info would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Heather Leith, Sr. Keeper Mammals

      Santa Barbara Zoo