Help In Pa

  • toucans18603
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2012
      Hello
      My name is Mark. I'm looking for anyone that can talk to and give me information on open small zoo in Bloomsburg, Pa.
      Thank You
      Mark
    • Jungletouch
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2012
        Mark,

        There is a ton of legislation going on right now at the federal level. If
        it passes, you will not be able to open a private zoo. As a matter of fact,
        many private zoo's will be required to close.

        You will have to have 2 years minimum training with each species to have it.

        Here is some more info on permits for PA.

        http://www.felineconservation.org/fcf/Pennsylvania.htm

        Gary
        707-501-9649
        Jungletouch@...

        My name is Mark. I'm looking for anyone that can talk to and give me
        information on open small zoo in Bloomsburg, Pa.
        Thank You
        Mark

        ------------------------------------

        Sharing knowledge so that animals may benefit from better care.Yahoo! Groups
        Links
      • Kraig Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 9, 2012
          Hi Mark -

          Keep in mind an outdoor tropical butterfly exhibit.  Hershey, PA has butterflies, but only North American Species.  A tropical butterfly exhibit can also be traded out seasonly for a walk-through Lorikeet exhibit.

          See info below.

          Take Care,
          Kraig

          Kraig Anderson
          Spineless Wonders
          TEL: 612-961-0292
          FAX: 651-433-2482

          K&K Imported Butterflies
          TEL: 651-269-6913
          FAX: 651-433-2482

          *************************
          [If "LORIKEETS!  A
          New Traveling Exhibit
          From Spineless
          Wonders" did not show
          up above this line, please
          let me know if you would
          like information about
          this seasonal exhibit sent
          directly to you, and I will
          do so right away!]

          Gulf   Coast  Butterflies
          &
          Spineless Wonders
          Presents
          Your One-Stop Exhibitry Shop!

           “Butterflies”
          By  Gulf   Coast  Butterflies & Spineless Wonders
           Your One-Stop Exhibitry Shop!

          Exotic and Native Butterfly Exhibits

          The following information is an outline that details components that are included in a “Seasonal Walk-Through Butterfly House” from Spineless Wonders.
          ü        Advance onsite consultation between your organization and Spineless Wonders to determine best layout and location.
          ü        All structural components (includes:  actual structure, vestibules, timber foundation, coverings, doors, air curtains, etc.)
          ü        All internal components (includes:  plants, pathway materials, pathway lights, sound system, water element, etc.)
          ü        Pupal Emergence Room – This area is a small room that is incorporated to one of the vestibules for the emergence of received pupae.
          ü        Initial Stocking of Butterflies – Spineless Wonders will supply you with  butterflies or pupae.
          ü        Placement on Butterfly Suppliers Lists – Spineless Wonders will place your organization on the lists of reputable suppliers that we have had relationships with for several years.
          ü        All shipping and installation labor for the above mentioned materials.
          ü        USDA Permit Application Process Assistance – Spineless Wonders will also be available onsite for the USDA inspection of the facility.
          ü        Fun and creative marketing ideas to continually draw in new visitors, and media interests. Morpho Mania, Crazy Caligos, Moth Madness, Red, White, and Blue butterflies for the 4th of July to name a few
          ü        With over 35 years experience in seasonal exhibitry design and creation, you are sure to get the best possible visitor experience for your valuable exhibit dollars.
          ü        This multi-use structure has the potential for change out to other animals including Lorikeets, Reptiles, Insects, Touch Tanks and Budgies to name a few.  Giving you the most Bangs for your exhibitry Buck!!!!

          “Lorikeets!”

          “Lorikeets!” is an exciting temporary interactive exhibit that gives your visitors an intimate look into the fascinating world of the lorikeet.  Your visitors will have the opportunity to come “face to beak” with these always-curious nectar-feeding birds.

          Some of our lorikeet species trained & hand fed for exhibit interaction!

          “Budgies”!
          Colors from Down Under  Australia !

          We are excited to offer your institution budgies and cockatiels from the Australian Continent!  These friendly birds will offer your visitors an up close and exciting interactive exhibit experience.

          Your visitors will have the opportunity to tempt these extraordinary birds to come close for the perfect photo opportunity with a seed stick purchased from your kiosk.
          In addition to the budgies, we also use cockatiels to add diversity to your exhibit.
          Cockatiels, the smallest member of the cockatoo family, are very sociable and gregarious if trained correctly.

          Rounded end Style Structure                          Round Style Structure

          “Mobile Traveling Butterfly Exhibit”
          For sale or lease
          This custom Mobile Traveling Butterfly Exhibit sets up into
          3 different sizes depending on locations 15’ height
          20’ x 20’
          20’ x 30’
          20’ x 50’
          Custom airbrushed artwork with u/v.
          Simple setup, compact design, with plants & benches.
          Call for more information.

           “Bugs from Around the World!”
          By Spineless Wonders

          The setting may be Mayan Ruins, but the the arthropods come from all corners of the world!  Beetles from  Malaysia , scorpions from  Thailand , centipedes from Central America, stick insects from Australia , leaf insect from Java, tarantulas from the southwest US, and many more.

              ANTICS!
          Now available for permanent
          and temporary installation or
          For  Sale .                                           Honey Pot Ants          Custom Ant Gel Displays

          (Message over 64 KB, truncated)