New Guinea Singing Dog's (New Guinea Dingoes)

  • Tom Wendt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2012
      Hello,

      I am new here and am the co-founder of New Guinea Singing Dog International. We are seeking facilities and/or folks that might have interest in NGSD's. For those who are unaware NGSD's are essentially a Dingo and are taxonomically classified as dingoes. They are however a smaller version of the AU Dingo and are much easier to acquire. Most Zoo's that house NGSD's either have them as part of their Animals of Australia exhibit or have them living adjacent to their wolves and coyotes. Singing Dogs are very vocal and tend to keep the other howlers at any facility they are at more vocal. Although an NGSD acquired as a pup can become all but domestic most adopters of unsocialized adults should have some primitive canine or exotic animal experience. The NGSD's ability to modulate their howl can make for a great addition to a facility. Post here or drop me a note if you have interest.