Hard water in aquarium

  • glendahobbes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hello-
      Has anyone had any luck lowering their general hardness of aquarium water with any commercially available product? We have a 200 gal tank for angelfish that I'd like to lower the GH in but I have extememly hard tap water. Thanks, laura
    • wayne osborne
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2010
        Add peatmoss to filtration. Will lower ph naturally as well as help with the hardness, also you should be using de-ionized water for top off.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2010
          I have used seachem ph reducer to lower hard water in my aquarium for discus.

          Regards
          Wayne

          Sent from my iPod