Problems with feeding carnivores outside

  • Shannon Torres
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
      Currently we are feeding our carnivores by putting all of their food in their inside enclosures. This is because we have a local, wild population of vultures that have learned that they can get an easy meal if they sit above the open top enclosures during feeding time. I would like to do food enrichment in the outside enclosure but the vultures make this impossible.

      What are some ways zoo's have gotten around vultures stealing meals?

      Shannon Torres
      Zoo keeper - Mammals
      El Salvador Zoo

    • fopz2003