Klipspringer restraint

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2009
      Hi all-
      I was just wondering if anyone out there had ideas for Klipspringer
      restraint. We currently crate ours, grab them, and then it takes 3
      people to hold one!! If anyone has any ideas whether it's manual
      restraint, or they have a restraint device, any input is appreciated.

      Thanks

      Kelly Smith
      Keeper-Regenstein African Journey
      Lincoln Park Zoo
      Chicago, IL
    • Ann Littlewood
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5 5:05 PM
        That sure sounds stressful for all concerned! Is this a situation
        where husbandry training could replace restraint? It would help to
        know why you need to restrain them and how frequently, also details
        about the individuals and the exhibit.

        On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Kelly <kellymosmith@...> wrote:
        > Hi all-
        > I was just wondering if anyone out there had ideas for Klipspringer
        > restraint. We currently crate ours, grab them, and then it takes 3
        > people to hold one!! If anyone has any ideas whether it's manual
        > restraint, or they have a restraint device, any input is appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Kelly Smith
        > Keeper-Regenstein African Journey
        > Lincoln Park Zoo
        > Chicago, IL
        >

        > .

        Ann Littlewood
        --
        Author of "Night Kill", a zoo-dunnit.
        Only the lions knew how her husband died, and they weren't telling. Or