Dart guns

  • Kurt
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2007
      I am looking for advice and input on what kind of dart gun would be
      appropriate for use at an animal sanctuary. Is one kind better than
      another? This would be used only IF a cat escaped from their enclosure.

      Thanks
      kurt
    • tkrogh9424@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008
        Kurt,
          About 5 years ago I took a course from a company called Safe Capture.  I don't know if they're still in business but you may want to try to contact them.  The course was great and quite reasonable.  If they don't have a course near you, perhaps you can purchase their workbook on tranquilizing and medicating.  It's a great reference book.
                Mary

        **************************************
        See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)
      • Hyzenthlay
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
          Yes. i got a mail from them last year for a course but wasn't able to do it at the time so they are still around.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 3, 2008
              Mary,

              Thank you for the information, I will check it out.

              Kurt

              Be a better friend, newshound, and
            • Rain4estRayna@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 6, 2008
                The safe capture class is still available, and it's a great course. They travel around, so you might try to find info. online. Its called Safe Capture International.

              • Jordan Sund
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2008
                  Pneu-Dart  is what i have and use on a regular basis. They have been around a long time and are very dependable. They have everything you need for animal imboioleziation.

                  To: zookeeper@yahoogroups.com
                  From: sharkarosa@...
                  Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 18:45:20 +0000
                  Subject: [zookeeper] Re: Dart guns

[...]

                  Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!
                • The Brothers Bleiman
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
                    I turned this thread into a blog post:

                    To: zookeeper@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 9, 2008
                      Is there any special licensing needed to use tranquilizer guns in a
                      facility. I work with giant breed dogs with issues and sometimes have
                      to pull them apart.

                      Kami
                      Mama Dori

                      --- In zookeeper@yahoogroups.com, "Admin @ Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch"