Re: [zookeeper] Coati temps

  • Teresa Woodson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      My boy has a outdoor house and when the temps
      drop I put lots of heavy tarping around the main area
      they are in...he has a very warm loft with lots of hay
      and stays quite comfey when it gets cold...
      Only problem is it doesnt let him have much outdoor
      time...he is pretty shut in...but we dont have that much
      really cold weather here....
      AND...I also fix a temp housing in the barn for him if it
      gets really really cold...so he is in a chain link temp pen and it is open so he can socialize with the wallabies..who use the barn.
      I am not a zoo..as such but this is what I do..
      Get on the coatimundi egroup and you can get a lot
      of great ideas of what people do there for thier coatis who
      are pets  some have real nice heat systems fixed for them etc....
      Teresa