For Sanctuary Workers and Volunteers

  • bandyttu
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2005
      We have started a new association, SWAVA, Sanctuary Workers and
      Volunteers Association. Our mission is to assist and support
      sanctuary workers and volunteers in the pursuit of excellence in
      animal care. SWAVA will be an outlet for communication of ideas,
      opinions and experiences. It will promote ongoing education of
      sanctuary workers and volunteers and the standardization of
      exceptional animal care in all sanctuaries. SWAVA will endeavor to
      build positive working relationships between sanctuary members and
      to instill more respect, strength and legitimacy for animals and
      their sanctuary caretakers.
      There are hundreds of other sanctuaries going above and beyond to
      give a quality life to animals! Obviously, not all sanctuaries are
      the same. We all care for different types of animals and face
      different challenges. We are in various stages of development, some
      starting out and others well established. But we all have one common
      goal – to take these animals out of their often detrimental
      situations and to give them the best life possible at our
      sanctuaries. Any one sanctuary alone is not enough. We should and
      need to unify towards that ambition.
      For more information, please visit our website, www.swava.org. Or
      you can email us at swava@....
      Thanks!