Re: [zookeeper] Re: lesser hedgehog tenrecs

  • Valerie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31 7:40 PM
      Hi Lori,

      It's been several years since we last bred our tenrecs and those breeders have now passed from very old age. We still have one of the offspring (1.0)and two unrelated individuals. (1.1) There was talk of breeding them last year but none since. Thanks for checking on that diet. Our guys are very obese and I think it is due to the high protein and fat of cat food, even the "lite" variety that they are now being fed.

      Does anyone know how many institutions keep tenrecs? Does anyone keep other varieties besides enchinops telifari?

      Val
    • Kiche13@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2003
        We have used ZuPreem Marmoset Diet for our lesser hedgehog tenrecs

        a little of the marmoset diet, a little canned cat food, one or two pieces of dry cat food

        mealworms and crickets as a weekly treat--

        don't know if this is the best, but our male lived to be 13 1/2 years old.

        gina
        TBZ