Looking for good websites

  • goldshlager_1999
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
      I just started an internship at a zoo and I want to learn as much as
      possible. I have looked at many websites but most seem to have little
      info (a quick page) filled with only general info and little fun
      facts. I am looking for something that would serve more as a detailed
      reference, like an encyclopedia. Other good sites for upcoming
      keepers and info relative to animal behavior would also be nice.
    • Jungletouch
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2003
        Here is a link that might be of some use for you. Its a huge website. Its for zookeeppers.

        Gary
        I just started an internship at a zoo and I want to learn as much as
        possible.  I have looked at many websites but most seem to have little
        info (a quick page) filled with only general info and little fun
        facts.  I am looking for something that would serve more as a detailed
        reference, like an encyclopedia.  Other good sites for upcoming
        keepers and info relative to animal behavior would also be nice.

        Sharing knowledge so that animals may benefit from better care.

      • TSSamansky@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2003
          In a message dated 7/4/03 11:16:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time, macross2020@... writes:

          I just started an internship at a zoo and I want to learn as much as
          possible.  I have looked at many websites but most seem to have little
          info (a quick page) filled with only general info and little fun
          facts.  I am looking for something that would serve more as a detailed
          reference, like an encyclopedia.  Other good sites for upcoming
          keepers and info relative to animal behavior would also be nice.

          I don't know of any zoological websites that cover everything, "like an encyclopedia", but if you have any interest in the care and training of marine mammals, I would recommend visiting DolphinTrainer.com.  The sections providing career information and links to other marine zoological websites may be of particular interest to you.

          TSS

          DolphinTrainer.com
          http://www.dolphintrainer.com/
          Marine Mammal Information Site
        • Alan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2003
            Hi from the Uk

            The BBC Natural History Unit and some other partners have just
            started up an on-line reference site for various threatened species.
            It is at www.arkive.org - check it out

            Alan
          • Heidi Quine
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2003
              Hi,

              Are there any Australian zookeepers out there who
              could share their story with me? I am currently
              working at an Animal Shelter hoping one day to work as
              a zookeeper. I have a BSc, lots of hands on experience
              through my current job and I am in the middle of an
              animal husbandry course at TAFE.

              Please let me know how you made it to where you are
              and any valuable suggestions you might have!

              Best wishes,
              Heidi

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
            • dogman1014@aol.com