First Quarter Moon in Capricorn

  • amberlightintl
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2011
      Dear Ziraat Family:
      Yesterday, the first quarter moon appeared and tonight is just passing the appearance of a "half" moon, moving toward full. At this stage, all potential is present. The light is filling the crescent, adding each night a little more anticipation. This is the time of accomplishment and mastery as we actualize our goals.
      May the work of your hands be blessed!
      zaynab
      Farmer

      "Freedom is the object of all esoteric schools, but one must not make the mistake of thinking that one can begin with that which is the end. To expect liberty in the beginning is to be like the seed thinking, "I must be a tree at once and bear fruit." The fruit is the outcome and object, the culmination if its existence; so is freedom the result of the journey. The path of freedom is an ideal, to understand the real meaning of which is not everyone's work."
      Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Gatheka 5, The Sufi Message
    • amberlightintl
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2012
        Dear Ziraat Family:
        The first quarter moon of this lunar cycle appears tonight in Capricorn, associated with the element Earth, the planet Saturn and the quality of self-discipline. Lesson One of the Ziraat teachings reminds us that the symbology of the plough includes the blade, which represents willpower. Willpower, or self-discipline, is needed in the activity of ploughing, removing "the stems and roots of thought and imaginations which stand in the ground undesirably." In this work, we must be ever-watchful, for these habits and tendencies can arise and become so habitual that they acquire the appearance of reality.
        Blessings and love,
        zaynab
        Farmer

        The vows of the Plougher:
        I will feel my responsibility.
        I will do my duty.
        I will not be weary.
        I will seal my lips.
        I will take for my watchword "toil."
        Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Ziraat Papers, Initiation

        "s to the subject of discipline, everyone without a sense of discipline is without the power of self-control. It is discipline which teaches the ideal, and the ideal is self-discipline. It is the soldier who can become a good captain. In ancient times, the kings used to send the princes as soldiers to learn what discipline means. The path of initiation is the training of the ego; it is self-discipline which is learned in the way of discipleship."
        Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Gatheka 8, The Path of Initiation
      • amberlightintl
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2013
          Dear Ziraat Family:
          Tomorrow, the first quarter moon appears in Capricorn, associated with the element Earth, the planet Saturn and the quality of discipline.  Discipline is a quality sorely needed in life, in order to achieve our purpose and develop mastery through accomplishment.  How do we harness our energies to produce the sustenance for which all hunger?  This is a good time to ask this question to ourselves.  What are we bringing forth?  How are we nurturing our handful of living grain?
          Faithfully, it must be sown; surely, it will be reaped.
          Love and blessings,
          zaynab
          Farmer

          "One can open oneself to beautiful reflections by being one's own master in everything one does, by mastering one's life; and that comes by self-discipline. However high a person rises or evolves, if he is without control, he has no credit for his evolution; the credit for his evolution is due to one who evolves intentionally. He evolves because he wishes to evolve, that is the mastery of himself; and the credit is in the mastery."
          Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Message Volume 4, Healing and the Mind World, Ch. XII