Last Quarter Moon

  • amberlightintl
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 6, 2010
      Dear Ziraat Family:
      We have just returned from a beautiful retreat at Light on the Hill with Pir Zia. The moon now moves into her last slivers of light and prepares for renewal and regeneration. Please keep our beloved friend Ramana Smallen in your thoughts and prayers as he heals from a serious injury. Let our watchwords be hope, strength and courage at this time. Let us move through this time with attention to the breath, steps and our focus on the One.
      love and blessings,
      zaynab
      Farmer

      "There is not always the same process, because God is not subject to law and His creation not subject to a process. And the habit He makes in one creation is called nature; and those who perceive its process recognize the process of the change of nature, His law. This law does not hold good in every cycle of creation, though it is significant to some extent in that particular cycle of creation; and those who have insight into that law are called seers."
      Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, Sangatha II
    • amberlightintl
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 23, 2014
        Dear Ziraat Family:
        The last quarter moon of this cycle appeared in the sign of Sagittarius yesterday, associated with the element Fire, the planet Jupiter and the qualities of idealism and freedom.  We rest from work in this last phase of the lunar cycle, but still we dream and plan as the new moon approaches on the first of March.  This is a time of balancing.  If we care to, we may bring things into focus.  That which is emerging into our awareness and calling for our attention may be the first green shoot of early spring that will grow into a flowering plant in the fullness of time.
        Blessings and love,
        zaynab
        Farmer

        "Kabir, the great poet of India says, 'Life is a field and you are born to cultivate it. And if you know how to cultivate this field you can produce anything you like. All the need of your life can be produced in this field. All that your soul yearns after and all you need is to be got from the field, if you know how to cultivate it and how to reap the fruit.' But if this opportunity is only studied in order to make the best of life by taking all that one can take and by being more comfortable, that is not satisfying. We must enrich ourselves with thought, with that happiness which is spiritual happiness, with that peace which belongs to our soul, with that liberty, that freedom, for which our soul longs; and attain to that higher knowledge which breaks all the fetters of life and raises our consciousness to look at life from a different point of view. Once a person has realized this opportunity he has fulfilled the purpose of Life."
        Pir-o-Murshid Hazrat Inayat Khan, via Wahiduddin's Bowl of Saki posting for February 22