Re: Max size for OpenZipIt ramdisk image?

  • ZipItPet
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      > I'm finally going to reflash my zipit with my some scripts I added to
      > OpenZipit, and I just wanted to know how full I could make the
      ramdisk image. (The gzipped image is almost 2MB...)
      That's not going to fit, there is only 2MB total on the device.

      http://elinux.org/wiki/ZipItTechDetails
      See "What's in ROM" - this is the regular/BURN3 layout. You can move
      the boundary between kernel and ramdisk.gz

      The 'ramdisk.gz' space is $160000 (~1.44MB)

      > (Does zflash check the size, btw?)
      Yes, but if you are getting close to the limits, other software may
      not handle it correectly [ie. no guarantee if you are living on the
      edge]