Re: [zipitwireless] Re: Updates (Tremor, wavemon, Graphics, etc...)

  • Brian Bulkowski
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2005
      Thanks, Ken!

      Cheers,
      -brianb

      Ken McGuire wrote:
      Hi Brian,
      The best way is to use the wavemon.mk & Config.in files that I forgot
      to upload :P (they are there now, see the packages folder)
      This should work to get the initial autoconf stuff done, as well as
      the patching of the wavemon-0.4.0b sources. After building once using
      buildroot, the wavemon Makefile will be configured for your
      environment and you will be able to re-compile by just running make in
      the wavemon dir. The resulting file will not be stripped like when you
      build from buildroot though.
      I'm not really sure how to achieve a fully static build, I'm using
      uClibc-0.9.28 at the moment and hopefully will have a new version of
      OpenZipit soon.

      ..ken...
      .
      --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Bulkowski" <brian@b...>
      wrote:
      > What's the best way to deal with the makefile for something like
      this?

      > I've used buildroot to generate my tools, and simply using
      > linux-arm-gcc -static will compile a simple program.
      >
      > Wavemon uses autoconfig, which is well and good, but of course it
      > picks up the i86 tools, not the cross-tools.
      >
      > Common problem --- what's the solution? Set CC and a few other
      choice
      > variables?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > -brian
      >
      > --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "Ken McGuire" <kenm@p...>
      wrote:
      > > Hi Albert,
      > >
      > >  I finally got around to playing with wavemon, it's a cool
      program,
      > > but didn't work too swell on my Zipit.
      > >  I took the sources and hacked on them a bit, and think I have
      > > improved things. Check out my patch to the wavemon-0.4.0b
      > > sources that I uploaced to the files section. I haven't uploaded a
      > > binary since I am in the middle of getting a new release of
      OpenZipit