Re: ZipitWireless.com page updated, and GPL request

  • Darren
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2005
      I received the following response from Zipit Tech Support:

      =====
      Hello Darren,

      First we would like to thank you for the interest in the Zipit(tm)
      Wireless Messenger device.

      We have received your request for the GPL code used in the Zipit
      Wireless Messenger device and are making arrangements to make the code
      available to you.

      We are a very strong supporter of Linux and it has always been our
      intent to make the code available for it.

      As you can imagine, we have been very pleased by the interest in the
      Zipit Wireless Messenger device and the potential opportunities to
      extend its capabilities.

      We will provide instructions to you shortly on how you can obtain the
      GPL code used in the Zipit Wireless Messenger.

      Regards,
      Ralph

      support@...
      www.zipitwireless.com
      =====

      I will let you know when/if I receive a followup.

      Thanks,
      --Darren

      --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "Darren Madams" <dspyder@y...>
      wrote:

      > Don't know when it happened (Zipit launced January 12th?), but they
      > finally posted a real webpage.
      >
      > Check out some of the tips and tricks. I think we know most of
      them
      > already but they're pretty useful if you don't know them already.
      >
      > Is everyone on the new version (.12)? Anyone played with the Power
      > Management settings yet? Here's what I found interesting from
      their
      > new site:
      >
      > "Can I listen to music?
      >
      > Zipit Wireless Messenger will support streaming music. A software
      > update will be available from www.zipitwireless.com in the first
      > quarter of 2005 that enables this feature. With streaming music
      > support, you will be able to listen to music that is stored on a
      PC.
      > Let's say that you have 2,000 songs ripped to your PC. With Zipit
      > Wireless Messenger, you'll be able to listen to all of those songs
      > from anywhere in your house. Please check the website in mid-
      January