Backlit mod

  • coderxtreme
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2005
      I'm working on it. The design is relatively simple.

      What i've done so far.
      Pull off the back of the Zipit, then peel off film from the back of
      the Zipit screen. Clean the back of the LCD with a solvent and press
      a piece of semi transparent paper/plastic against the back of the
      screen(it should stick).

      What I plan to do.
      Glue 8 bright LEDs to each corner and in between each corner pointing
      towards the center of the zipit. Wire them up in parrellel and wire a
      resistor between the positive wire and positive battery solder point
      on the Zipit to prevent overvoltage. Solder the negative LED line to
      a switch that can operate outside the zipit and the other terminal of
      the switch to the negative battery solder point on the board. I plan
      to drill out the plate that covers the back of the LCD to make room
      for the LEDs, put it all back together and enjoy.

      The LEDs should draw 160mA total which should barely effect the 1100
      mAH battery.