amber and green lights

  • guyfromhe2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2005
      Do we have any info on how to turn the lights on and off? (the zipit
      app controls the green light, not sure if the amber light can be
      controller in software or not).
    • ZipItPet
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 12:51 PM
        --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "guyfromhe2000" <guyfromhe@a...>
        wrote:
        > Do we have any info on how to turn the lights on and off? (the zipit
        > app controls the green light, not sure if the amber light can be
        > controller in software or not).

        Yup, check the "peeks & pokes" document under Files.

        The Green LED you can turn on and off yourself (simple output port)

        The Orange (/yellow/amber) LED you can either turn on and off as a
        simple output port, or with a single write to the LEDFLSH register you
        can make it flash at a given rate and duty cycle [see the CPU chip
        docs for settings]

        NOTE: it is very easy to party directly on the CPU registers inside
        your user-mode application (CPU registers are at virtual address
        0xFF000000)