the zipit2 is still very much alive and growing

  • berin1279
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2012
      I did a lot of work on the zipit1 and now i'm starting to get into the zipit 2. I have 2 z2's so far. the most active area I've found is to get onto IRC and go to freenode and join the channel #zipit

      irc.freenode.org #zipit
      there is a lot of cool stuff going on with the zipit 2's now. I'm currently SLOWLY working on building some new uC board designs to add lots of extra great features to are wonderful zipits.
      If all goes well when I'm done the new uC board for the z2 will give the options for serial, multi eeprom, and RTC.. the RTC will need an external battery, the eeproms and RTC are both i2c interface. I'm designing a double sided uC to house 4 eeprom's each 1Mbit (128KB) that will give a total of 512KB of storage space for non Violette memory for special ussages. the 2 things I know will be used the most would be storing the zipits MAC address and maybe the keyboard map. much past that I dont know what other people would want to store on them. I have a number of ideas as well. for other area's of development for the zipit2