Help with flashing

  • Abby
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      Ok, I'm trying to install linux on my Zipit (not a Z2), following the instructions on http://www.aibohack.com/zipit/reflash.htm.

      I'm having 2 issues that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I run the "zrs burn3 10.0.1.9" command I get "ZRS FATAL: Can't create listen socket (80). but according to netstat nothing else is listening on that port.

      I tried to move ahead anyway, entered the IP address, netmask etc on the Zipit and hit next. Instead of prompting me to update as the instructions say it should, it goes to a screen prompting me to enter my IM login. Is this cause by the port 80 problem, or am I missing something?

      Thanks for any help you can give me! I have a Z2 as well that I plan to install Side-Track on, but I wanted to get this one going first.
    • Warner Losh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2011

        On May 1, 2011, at 1:48 AM, Abby wrote:

        Ok, I'm trying to install linux on my Zipit (not a Z2), following the instructions on http://www.aibohack.com/zipit/reflash.htm.

        I'm having 2 issues that I'm hoping someone can help me with. When I run the "zrs burn3 10.0.1.9" command I get "ZRS FATAL: Can't create listen socket (80). but according to netstat nothing else is listening on that port.

        Are you running as root?

        Warner