hardware data port? ,, from accessory jack?

  • corner5
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2009
      Hi Hunter et. al.,

      First, thanks for the replies to guide me to either a 4 or 8 gb card.

      next questions:

      In looking at the pinout of the 40pin accessory jack, one finds:

      1)  USB............USB Bus Data high/low, "usb charge input voltage", 1.8v, and 3.3v.  I think this might meet the hardware needs but I'm not sure.  Typically 5.0 vdc is piped along side the data, but I suppose that could be supplied separately.  Additionally the MB likely  needs a controller.  I'm guessing this last is in place by observing the presence of the port lines on the jack.  Then if hardware needs are met, there still remains the need for the OS to successfully handshake.  Is there native usb support with the newly flashed kernel?

      2)  Serial............I know one can hardwire a serial cable to board solder pads, but the is also found on the 40 pin port a serial data bus and serial clock.  Less clear if this might suffice for 232 like portage.

      So, anyhow, just wondering if anyone has thoughts (or better yet experience) with ways to route data over a hard-line.

      the Z2 doesn't even arrive until next week and look at all the fun I'm already having!

      thanks,  corner5.