Openembedded issue

  • mechanochist
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2009
      I've been trying to build some images to play around with on my linux box, with mixed success. Base-image builds, but won't won't boot (hangs after Taking Root...") Building other packages like wireless-image also works, but the packages fail to install on a known working base-image. I dropped them into a folder in /home/root on the SD card, but when I run 'ipkg install wireless-tools* (or any variation, even full path and name) it fails with errors for each file. For wireless-tools_29-r4.2_armv5te.ipk, for instance:

      "
      Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=wireless-tools (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
      Nothing to be done
      An error occured, return value: 4.
      Collected errors:
      Cannot find package wireless-tools.
      Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update' "

      From the best I can gather from web research, this issue can be caused by building for the wrong architecture, but TARGET_ARCH is set to arm in my zipit2.conf and I don't really know where else to look.

      It's quite possible I've missed something simple, as I'm very inexperienced with Openembedded. I used Sweetlilmre's repository to set up the OE environment on an Ubuntu 8.10 install. If anyone has suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, they would be greatly appreciated.