Re: Z2 Audio info?

  • riddlemoor
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
      Hello,

      > The http://linux.zipitwireless.com/projects/z2kernel describes the
      >necessary register setup to initialize audio.

      Yes, I've seen that. I was just wondering if anyone made any
      standalone tool to do so yet, I'm a bit lazy to look into actually
      coding up said tool :)

      >Myself and another engineer from IBM have been looking into writing
      >an audio driver or auto-initializing the registers on OE boot. Will
      >let you know if it goes anywhere.

      That would be great, thanks.

      I managed to fix the other issue by setting the block size to 3552
      bytes. That made it play mostly error free. (There's still the
      occasional loop-glitch) I suspect it has something to do with DMA
      based sound output in general, or it's something that the driver isn't
      doing, that it's supposed to. It would be great if someone with more
      insight could share their opinion on the matter. Is it the best option
      to find the magic block size/delay or is there some less ambiguous way
      to tell when it's safe to write again, to ensure there's no looping or
      skipping.

      Thanks

      --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, Hunter Davis <huntergdavis@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > The http://linux.zipitwireless.com/projects/z2kernel describes the
      necessary register setup to initialize audio. I assume that you are
      running apps from the zipit environment and not OE, so this may not be
      necessary in your case. Myself and another engineer from IBM have