Re: [zipitwireless] Screwed up my zip it, and forgot hwo to fix it.

  • Tom Walsh
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2008
      igarcia_689 wrote:

      > I never really got into zip it modding much but have always been
      > excited about it. My girlfriend plugged in the wrong power supply for
      > it and it worked for a bit then the charge light went out. Now awhile
      > back somneone told me that theres an easy way to repair the issue but
      > opening it and taking a volatge checker to something or other. He said
      > if i get no signal then it's the power something or other and that I
      > can just take 2 double a batteries and connect them behind the
      > whatever its called and if it boots up i know what happened. I'm so
      > lost and I would like to egt this working for her. Againa , she used
      > the wrong power supply, and burnt the safety whatsis on the board. I
      > just need to know where the connectors are to fix it.

      There is no safety device to protect against an over voltage of the
      device. The components inside the Z1 are rated for an absolute maximum
      of 6 volts. Exceed that input voltage and you *will* damage the
      electronics. Unless you are an electronics technician, I would not
      expect that the average person could repair one of those Z1s.

      Using the search term: zipit -handbag -bag -purse* -zipper -"mary jane"
      -"zipit studio"

      returns results of quite a few of the Z1 zipits for sale. One that I
      see is a buy-it-now for $22 with a $6 shipping. That is probably your
      best solution. If she insists on the same color case, simply put the
      circuit board from the new unit into the old one.

      TomW