Re: [zipitwireless] New Zipit has keyboard problems ... or .....

  • Andrew Hakman
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2007
      That's not a keyboard problem. WEP keys can only contain HEX digits, 0-9 and A-F. You cannot enter a "passphrase" that you may be able to on your access point - there is no universal algorithm to turn a passphrase into a WEP key, so you must enter the actual key.

      Andrew Hakman

      On 8/8/07, donhamilton2002 <donhamilton2002@...> wrote:

      I just got two Zipit units today.

      While trying to connect I get the SSID screen and can use any key on
      the keyboard.

      Getting to the WEP line I can not use all the keys on the keyboard.

      Both of these units exhibit the same keyboard problems.

      Is there any firmware updates the can fix this ?

      donH