Wireless MP3/FLAC jukebox

  • riddlemoor
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1 5:10 PM
      Here are the files to turn the ZipIt into an MP3(ALL bitrates) and
      FLAC over NFS player, playlist manager frontend included(other players
      can be added if needed). It should work on any ZipIt that has the
      audio drivers and ability to mount NFS (mmc mod not needed) check
      http://karosium.com for more info.
    • Zachariah Mully
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2 7:01 AM
        On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 01:10 +0000, riddlemoor wrote:
        > Here are the files to turn the ZipIt into an MP3(ALL bitrates) and
        > FLAC over NFS player, playlist manager frontend included(other players
        > can be added if needed). It should work on any ZipIt that has the
        > audio drivers and ability to mount NFS (mmc mod not needed) check
        > http://karosium.com for more info.

        How is the streaming MP3 support? The last I tried it, the stream had to
        be a 32kpbs stream for smooth skip free play.

        Thanks,
      • David Murray
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2 8:57 AM
          This is great, unfortunatly, I can't get it working.

          I have extracted all of the files in the archive to my NFS share and
          they are mounted on /mnt on the Zipit. When I run ./p it loads up
          relief, but there are no options set (as if it is missing an INI file
          or something) so I manually set the directories and the file extensions
          to something like ".mp3|/players/playmp3" But that doesn't work.. I
          have tried running the mp3 players (there seems to be two seperate
          ones? mp3play and playmp3?) and trying to get them to play something
          on their own.. but they won't. They either complain of not being able
          to find the input file (even though it is exactly where I said it would
          be) or that it can't write the output file. I've tried sending the
          output to /dec/dsp or /dev/audio but that doesn't seem to help either.

          So either I am missing an INI file for relief that would have all of
          that configured, or can somebody tell me the command-line syntax for
          the mp3 players? typing playmp3 --help does nothing.

          Thank you!
        • riddlemoor
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2 9:21 AM
            Oh I forgot to include .reliefrc sorry :)
            the correct line is
            .mp3|/mnt/players/mp3play:.flac|/mnt/players/ffplay -nodisp -stats
            I will update the link on the blog in a few minutes

            --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "David Murray" <adric22@...> wrote:

            > This is great, unfortunatly, I can't get it working.
            >
            > I have extracted all of the files in the archive to my NFS share and
            > they are mounted on /mnt on the Zipit. When I run ./p it loads up
            > relief, but there are no options set (as if it is missing an INI file
            > or something) so I manually set the directories and the file extensions
            > to something like ".mp3|/players/playmp3" But that doesn't work.. I
            > have tried running the mp3 players (there seems to be two seperate
            > ones? mp3play and playmp3?) and trying to get them to play something
            > on their own.. but they won't. They either complain of not being able
            > to find the input file (even though it is exactly where I said it would
            > be) or that it can't write the output file. I've tried sending the
            > output to /dec/dsp or /dev/audio but that doesn't seem to help either.
            >
            > So either I am missing an INI file for relief that would have all of
            > that configured, or can somebody tell me the command-line syntax for
            > the mp3 players? typing playmp3 --help does nothing.
            >
            > Thank you!

          • David Murray
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2 9:55 AM
              > Oh I forgot to include .reliefrc sorry :)
              > the correct line is

              Unfortunatly it still doesn't work. When I toggle a line to play and
              hit "P" the screen flickers for a moment and then it is as if nothing
              happened. I think it would be usefull to troubleshoot to see if I
              could play the file at the command line without using relief. However,
              I still can't figure out how. if I try this:

              /mnt/players/mp3play *name of file*

              it returns:

              Could not create output file!

              I know the audio drivers are loaded and working. I can even use mikmod
              to play a .MOD file. What is going on here?
            • Michael Grigoni
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2 2:55 PM
                Zachariah Mully wrote:

                > How is the streaming MP3 support? The last I tried it, the stream had to
                > be a 32kpbs stream for smooth skip free play.

                A few of us have had good results streaming 64kbps with madplay and/or
                libmad-based players.

                Regards,

                Michael