Re: [zipitwireless] Digest Number 438

  • Brendan M. Sleight
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2006
      > 4a. Some newbie questions
      > Posted by: "David William Murray"
      > Date: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:40 pm (PDT)
      >

      > I heard of a web browser working.. I saw Lynx running on one page (I
      > hate lynx. There is another, better browser for text-mode, but it
      > has been so long, I can't remember what it is called) But what other
      > browsers have been known to work? I see on the Hackaday page,
      I think the best text -based browser is elinks.
      http://elinks.or.cz/

      I use the zipit to ssh into home-network, then run elinks remotely.
      This ensures I am encrypted using guest networks and means I do not
      have to compile elinks for zipit. (apt-get install elinks .....) Using
      ssh to home-network I can reconnect to a running screen (screen -r)
      with the browser (elinks) still running.
      http://gentoo-wiki.com/MAN_screen

      Just my 2p,
      Brendan