Hello ?

  • ZipItPet
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2005
      Anybody home ?->

      ----

      Has anyone touched their ZipIt since XMas ?

      Does this device have a future?

      What kind of things could it be hacked to do ?

      Is hacking this thing worth the effort ?

      Ideas? Suggestions? Enthusiasm ?
    • hadtojoin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
        > Has anyone touched their ZipIt since XMas ?
        Yes I took it on a tour of Downtown today hooking every network I ran
        across. Works great. Love it.

        > Does this device have a future?
        Dunno. Statistically speaking there were only about 2000 in stock, so
        asssuming 1/2 were sold, theres ~1000 users. Judging from the
        upgrades to firmware so far and the upgrade delivery methodry I would
        say the devices have potential to become VERY popular.

        > What kind of things could it be hacked to do ?
        Well the chipset has memory, it has sound, it's natively wireless(and
        promiscuous no less). WAP browsing comes to mind. Store mp3's on your
        server and stream em to the device ANYWHERE..sounds great. cripes i
        dunno ..guess we gotta break it a bit more first.

        > Is hacking this thing worth the effort ?
        mmm. was hacking the commodore64 worth it? maybe not. but the little
        ghostbusters image i got to cross the screen after 2000 lines of
        BASIC code sure made my friends think i was cool. \,,/ ^_^ \,,/

        > Ideas? Suggestions? Enthusiasm ?
        Yes. Yes. Yes!

        --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "ZipItPet" <aibopet@a...> wrote:

        > Anybody home ?->
        >
        > ----
        >
        > Has anyone touched their ZipIt since XMas ?
        >
        > Does this device have a future?
        >
        > What kind of things could it be hacked to do ?
        >
        > Is hacking this thing worth the effort ?
        >
        > Ideas? Suggestions? Enthusiasm ?
      • Dan M.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2005
          don't sell this little item short tiger direct is now selling these puppies. I just snaged one up today.  As mentioned Target does not have a clue locally. Feb is when thay will get in new items for the year. Streaming media woud be nice ad on, though myself would rather see a firmware upgrade to access ICQ neteork, multiple user profiles so 2 to 3 people could have their own passwords, possably a storage area for your buddy icons that could be retreaved from your home wifi server, its too bad it does not have usb for a mini cam setup, for audio/video conferencing.

          http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1172789

          At 02:36 AM 1/10/2005 +0000, hadtojoin wrote:

          > Has anyone touched their ZipIt since XMas ?
          Yes I took it on a tour of Downtown today hooking every network I ran
          across. Works great. Love it.

          > Does this device have a future?
          Dunno. Statistically speaking there were only about 2000 in stock, so
          asssuming 1/2 were sold, theres ~1000 users. Judging from the
          upgrades to firmware so far and the upgrade delivery methodry I would
          say the devices have potential to become VERY popular.

          > What kind of things could it be hacked to do ?
          Well the chipset has memory, it has sound, it's natively wireless(and
          promiscuous no less). WAP browsing comes to mind. Store mp3's on your
          server and stream em to the device ANYWHERE..sounds great. cripes i
          dunno ..guess we gotta break it a bit more first.

          > Is hacking this thing worth the effort ?
          mmm. was hacking the commodore64 worth it? maybe not. but the little
          ghostbusters image i got to cross the screen after 2000 lines of
          BASIC code sure made my friends think i was cool. \,,/ ^_^ \,,/

          > Ideas? Suggestions? Enthusiasm ?
          Yes. Yes. Yes!

          --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "ZipItPet" <aibopet@a...> wrote:

          > Anybody home ?->
          >
          > ----
          >
          > Has anyone touched their ZipIt since XMas ?
          >
          > Does this device have a future?
          >
          > What kind of things could it be hacked to do ?
          >
          > Is hacking this thing worth the effort ?
          >
          > Ideas? Suggestions? Enthusiasm ?

          Yahoo! Groups Links No virus found in this incoming message.
          Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.