Re: Is it still possible to flash new units via WIFI?

  • ZipItPet
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 22, 2006
      --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "r1pper_r00" <r1pper_r00@...>
      wrote:

      > Anyone knows what the current firmware rev is on shipping units?
      >
      > I understand that with 2.01 and up, one must get out the soldering
      > iron...

      The current version says it is 2.01 (in user interface)
      Internally it is marked as 1.99
      [click on any of the sample links in the first post on this forum
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/zipitwireless/message/1?l=1 ]

      That breaks the ZRS WiFi uploading process (ZRS says it is 1.99, so
      the Zipit thinks it doesn't need upgrading). "1.99" is the end of
      the
      line.
      Since the Zipit company hasn't upgrade the firmware past that point,
      don't know how future updates are going to be done (changing the
      number to 2.00 didn't work when I tried it)

      That is *if* there are any more updates from them...
      [the MyTunez thing is way over-due]
      ----

      In the meantime, the tried-and-true 5-wire upload process will work
      (and is safer too) -- but requires soldering.