zipitgfx-0.0.1 Released!

  • bomberman0
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 11:20 AM
      Hi guys,

      I've finally got up off my duff and package up all my
      graphics/framebuffer stuff. "zipitgfx" is the result.

      Here's the README:
      =======================

      zipitgfx 0.0.1
      ==============

      zipitgfx is a tiny little graphics library to do some rudimentary
      drawing to a Zipit's framebuffer.
      For now, the useful graphics functions are:
      - Drawing to pixels (writePixel())
      - Drawing lines (drawLine())
      - Drawing single text characters (drawChar())
      - Drawing text strings (drawText())
      - Drawing filled rectangles (fillRect())

      Most of the code is commented, and it's not very long so it should be
      fairly easy to extend the functionality of this library. Also, there's
      plenty of room for optimization that can be done to speed up the pixel
      drawing. It works well enough though for now. (fillRect takes up a lot
      of speed, as does bitmap drawing... If anyone feels like doing any
      optimizations, that'd be greatly appreciated!)

      Build Instructions
      ===================

      It's necessary to edit the first line of the "Makefile" included.
      Change the "$(CC)=...." to point to your ARM/uclibc/whatever
      toolchain's version of GCC. After that, a simple "make" should
      suffice. Make sure to copy both the "logo.bmp" file and the
      "zipitgfx_sample" files are in the same directory when you run
      zipitgfx_sample.

      zipitgfx_sample
      ===============

      A sample program has been included that demonstrates all of the
      functionality outlined above. If you want to see how to use the
      zipitgfx library, looking at this program's code is the best way.
      Start looking at the "main()" function at the bottom to see how each
      function call works. This sample program is also probably a good base
      for any graphical Zipit programs, as it already has some keyboard
      input code in it and a render loop. (Use the "W/A/S/D" keys to move
      one endpoint of the line around.)

      License/Contact
      ===============

      This code/library is released under the GPL. If anyone feels like
      contributing back any changes they make, that'd be nice... :)

      Email: gamegod [at] sympatico |dot| ca

      Copyright 2006 Albert Santoni

      =================================

      <end of README>

      So that's pretty much it... I've been slowly hacking away at a little
      graphical ZipIt app over the past year, and I ended up abstracting the
      graphics stuff into it's own "library"...

      I hope that this helps some people with ZipIt graphics-related stuff.
      The sample app is actually a stripped down version of my bigger app,
      so I figure it's probably a good template/base for any graphical ZipIt
      app if you want to try developing one. (It's got keyboard input
      already coded into it...)

      Lastly, you can download zipitgfx from my site here:
      http://www.santoni.ca/albert/zipit.html

      Anyways, if you guys have any comments/feedback, I'd love to hear it!

      Thanks!

      Albert