would it be possable to make a burn3 like image that.......

  • berin1279
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      Would it be possable to make a burn3 like image that has the openzipit
      software in it?? That would make a one step processes using the burn3
      software method of updating. I know there was some issue with the
      image being encoded some way.
    • berin1279
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
        or at least make one that has wget ftp, or any thing!!!! other then
        stupid hard to setup NFS to get the files!!

        --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "berin1279" <berin1279@...>
        wrote:

        > Would it be possable to make a burn3 like image that has the
        openzipit
        > software in it?? That would make a one step processes using the
        burn3
        > software method of updating. I know there was some issue with the
        > image being encoded some way.

      • jspraul
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
          May I recommend a VMWare Virtual appliance:

          http://www.freenas.org/

          "FreeNAS is a free NAS (Network-Attached Storage) server, supporting:
          CIFS (samba), FTP, NFS, RSYNC protocols, local user authentication,
          Software RAID (0,1,5) with a Full WEB configuration interface."

          From the downloads page:

          FreeNAS 0.63 VMWare:
          http://www.freenas.org/downloads/vmware/FreeNAS_VM_0.63.zip

          VMWare Player:
          http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

          "The VMware PC have this configuration

          * 96Mb of RAM
          * 4 IDE hard drive of 100Mb each
          * Bridged ethernet Interface

          FreeNAS is installed on the first hard drive (2 partitions), with a
          RAID 5 volume for the 3 others hard drive. The IP address configured
          is 192.168.1.1, with default login/password"

          There are other appliances listed on VMWare's site, but this is the
          only one specifically mentioning NFS support. I personally would like
          to see someone put one together with a cross-compilation environment
          ready to run.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2006
            >I personally would like
            > to see someone put one together with a cross-compilation environment
            > ready to run.

            you mean kind of like a KNOPPIX like boot disk only having one
            function, every network driver under the sun and a ready to go NFS
            server just needing a directory for serving.