Re: Getting Started

  • ZipItPet
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2005
      --- In zipitwireless@yahoogroups.com, "ultra_carl" <ultra_carl@y...>
      wrote:

      > Just bought a Zipit this weekend with the intention of turning it
      into
      > a simple mobile ssh client. My question for the group is- where
      can I
      > find information on getting started doing this?
      >
      > (I would prefer to avoid soldering)

      The software-only mod is going through final testing now.
      Check back in a few days (assuming no new firmware release in the
      meantime)

      http://www.aibohack.com/zipit

      ---
      First release will require a Windows box, and a configurable WiFi
      setup (either ad-hoc or through access point)

      NFS server is required if you want to run other apps, or reflash
      with other tested configurations (eg: dropbear for ssh). There is
      only 2MB of ROM so not everything will fit - so you must take out
      the Zipit app to fit new things like dropbear.

      More advanced software changes (reflashing with untested
      configurations) should only be attempted on a device with a hardware
      mod (soldering required)