SUBMIT STUFF FOR GOODIE BAGS!

  • nocturnal_movements
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 2:44 PM
      MUSIC SCENE VENDORS/BANDS...

      PLEASE SUBMIT MATERIALS NOW!

      ALL BANDS, and music scene festival type VENDORS:

      REMINDER! REMINDER!

      Goodie Bags need your submissions!

      If you have nothing to spare for Goodie Bags, then please pass this
      info on to others who might benefit from the opportunity.

      and go here for more detailed info:

      Goodie Bags - Gothicfest 2005
      http://nocturnalmovements.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000118

      Stuff usually included:

      (not limited to the following)

      STICKERS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!
      POSTCARDS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!
      BUTTONS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!
      EVENT FLYERS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      ANY SORT OF FLYERS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!

      ANY SIZE OF PROMOTIONAL STUFF SMALLER THAN 9 X 12

      KEYCHAINS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      COASTERS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      PENS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      PENCILS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      WINDOW STICKERS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      COMPILATION PROMOS --> NEED MORE NOW!
      EPS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!
      CDS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!
      CASSETTE TAPES --> NEED MORE NOW!
      VHS TAPES --> NEED MORE NOW!
      T-SHIRTS --> NEED MORE NOW!

      RANDOM CREATIVE STUFF WITH A LOGO, WEBSITE, OR ENTITY NAME ON IT.

      DISCOGRAPHY CATALOGUES (BANDS AND LABLES)

      SPECIFIC COUPONS, ANY PROMOTIONAL ADVERTISEMENTS

      MAGAZINES --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!
      NEWSLETTERS --> THOUSANDS EXHAUSTED --> NEED MORE NOW!

      ET CETERA.

      ...SOONER THE BETTER!

      CLICK HERE FOR MAILING ADDRESS & DETAILS.
      http://nocturnalmovements.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=000118

      BROWSE MORE ABUNDANT INFO AT:

      http://www.gothicfest.com

      And also here at MySpace.com GROUPS!

      Gothicfest Group URL:

      http://groups.myspace.com/gothicfest

      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

      --> "Gothic Fest" 2005 (a proper title? Yes? No?)

      Jeffrey A. Swanson: No! Gothicfest (is one word) so it is: Gothicfest 2005

      --> When?

      J.A.S.: Saturday, September 17th, 2005

      --> Where?

      J.A.S.: Odeum Expo Center, Villa Park, Illinois, near Chicago

      --> What (is it)?

      J.A.S.: North America's largest Gothicfestival and expo.

      --> Who (will be involved/featured)?

      J.A.S.: Bands: Hanzel Und Gretyl, Slick Idiot with En Esch and Guenter
      Schulz formerly of KMFDM, Project .44 with Levi Levi (Thrill Kill
      Kult), Grigori 3, Slave Driver, Deepest Symphony, 13 Winters, Ofearia,
      Dies Mali, Rosenguard, Withering Soul, Drake, Reverend Agony,
      Psionic,Rachael's Surrender with Elysabeth Grant, the vocalist for
      (Black Tape for a Blue Girl), Methodical and more! Exhibitors:
      Transylvania Imports, 99th Floor, Design Toscano, Lollipop Magazine,
      DeFacto Clothing, Top Notch Tattoos, Projekt Records, MK Magazine,
      Cutterz Edge, The Gothic Council of Chicago, Phaedra's Philtres,
      Theatrikil Productions, Dark Candles Plus Nickolaus Pacione, Evil
      Kitty, Twilight's Muse Jewelry, System Down Clothing and Others!

      Hanzel und Gretyl_connections

      http://hanzelundgretyl.com
      http://metropolis-records.com

      http://myspace.com/hunzelundgretyl

      HuG music interview (05/05)

      --> And how much does it cost to attend?

      J.A.S.: $32.50 for an all day pass!

      Please overview the highlights of coming attractions for our readers.

      --> What have been, so far, the headaches associated with promoting
      and administering Gothicfest 2005?

      J.A.S.: Just trying to keep up with everything. Sometimes I'll only
      get 3 to 4 hours of sleep several days in a row. Putting together all
      the advertising, taking care of all the bands, exhibitors, sponsors
      and making all the deadlines can be brutal!

      --> What might be considered for you the "light at the end of the tunnel"?

      J.A.S.: If Gothicfest 2005 goes over well, I think it will be an
      annual major event. And that would be good for all of us!

      --> Describe the team of individuals you've persuaded to directly
      support your efforts in getting this new festival of delights off the
      ground.

      J.A.S.: Well, first off there were two associates of mine Bill
      Gingrich and Blair Lehman. These are my partners in crime and
      co-founders of SGL Entertainment Inc. Then there was Michael Mazur of
      Mazur Public Relations (New England Hardcore Festival, New Jersey
      Metal Meltdown) at first he worked on giving me some advice but I
      think after we locked in a major venue and signed Hanzel und Gretyl
      and Slick Idiot to the bill he said he would work our press for us. So
      we hired them on. Then I contacted Sam Rosenthal of project Records
      and Alex Zander of MK Magazine. It was good to have them on board.
      Soon after we picked up the band Grigori 3, Michelle Russo a native
      Chicago gothic promoter came to us to offer her services and have
      really hooked us up with some great exhibitors and bands. At this
      point the e-mails and phone calls are coming in pretty heavy.

      Drake

      Gothic / Dark Symphonic
      http://darkstarrecords.com/Drake.htm

      --> How many pre-registrations have you counted thus far?

      J.A.S.: As far as ticket sales go, I have no Idea! I will look into
      that a little closer to the event! Our radio promotion has just kicked
      off and some of our magazine ads (Lollipop, MK Magazine, Fangoria) are
      just about to hit the streets so we are hoping for some good pre-sales
      at that point.

      --> How well integrated into the schedule of events may visiting
      patrons anticipate becoming during the first day/night at Gothicfest 2005?

      J.A.S.: We have some great bands like Rachael's Surrender playing
      earlier as well as some book signings, discipline sessions, and cool
      events planned all throughout the day so we hope to see the crowd roll
      in early. We have had people calling and asking if they could camp out
      front as early as 6am.

      --> What aspirations convinced you to move forward with the launch of
      this festival?

      J.A.S.: After we got the website up www.gothicfest.com and started
      checking out gothic profiles on the web at myspace.com,
      vampirefreaks.com, etc. we realized that there could really be a huge
      audience for this in the USA! Of course, we would all have to really
      do our homework. I've learned a hell of a lot about the gothic
      community in the past nine months and meet some very cool individuals!

      --> How did it all come about, exactly?

      J.A.S.: Ah! The beginning! I really think it all started with the word
      "Gothicfest". Well, maybe Gothfest. No! Gothicfest. That's it! I think
      we have something here! My partners agreed it sounded good! We had to
      be careful not to be confused with the huge Gothicfestivals overseas!
      And that's a story for later!

      --> Did you bump your head hard enough against a few too many walls to
      the point that a strange epiphany began to emerge compelling you to
      conceive and devise, organise and promote a new music (etc.) festival
      on US soil? (or what?)

      J.A.S.: My head still hurts! And we really got a lot of flack right
      out of the box! I mean we were really getting slammed! It took us a
      while to earn the name North America's Largest Gothicfestival and Expo!

      --> What aspects of concept development might have threatened to bring
      the festival launch to a sudden halt?

      J.A.S.: Well, you should know! The first time I ran our concept past
      you was when we were using the phrase Worlds Largest (we meant from an
      expo point of view), however, no one read it that way and your
      suggestion, I believe, was to loose that phrase quickly. By this time,
      I had already seen chat on several forums, we were getting slammed
      hard! It took a while to dig our selves out of the rubble! At least
      this all happened in the early stages of the game, and so we took a
      step back and sought out to be North America's Largest Gothicfestival
      and Expo! And now, we feel we have earned the right to that title.

      --> How might others, including special guests and performers even now
      become more active in the promotion of Gothicfest 2005 to help boost
      attendance levels throughout the weekend?

      J.A.S.: Actually, most all the bands are doing a lot of underground
      promoting like myspace.com, fliers, e-mail, forums, etc. News from
      Hanzel Und Gretyl have showed up right here at sickamongthepure.com,
      mtv.com, etc. Lollipop.com, MK Magazine and Fangoria are getting the
      word out for us in a big way, look for our full-page ad coming out in
      Fangoria Magazine (the September Issue). And, I've seen a lot of press
      from one of our Featured Authors, Nickolaus Pacione. The singer
      (Gwendy) from Grigori 3 is really helping us out in a big way and she
      really knows some people. Isn't this what it's really all about!
      Working together!

      --> Any special prizes? Dj? Dance events? Theatrical Screenings? Live
      action role-play?

      J.A.S.: We have had a lot of interesting offers! Our hosts, Fallen Eve
      and Velmonturna will do the giveaways! We have stuff from
      HeavyRed.com, Metropolis Records, plus other donations from fashion
      designers, artists and more!

      Sonya Brown inputs the following:

      --> For Gothicfest 2005, I would like to know what Jeff is most
      looking forward to about the event - a particular band, event... and why?

      J.A.S.: I would like to walk around at the event and see a huge crowd
      of interesting dark souls enjoying one day and night of complete
      Gothic Bliss!

      --> What is his main motivation?

      J.A.S.: To have a successful Festival and Expo! And to do this every year!

      MySpace.com users:

      *THANK YOU for ADDING ME!*

      STAY IN TOUCH!

      ... SUBSCRIBE to MY BLOG!
      http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ConfirmSubscribe&friendID=1229389

      ... Music news, advice, NEW MUSIC CD reviews, concert reviews, music
      SCENE REVIEWS, and other helpful info posted weekly.

      Oh, here's my SATP Editorial Team member page:
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/Team/Black.html

      Listings of every article I've submitted to the magazine are linked on
      that page.

      Got any friends struggling for recognition in the music world? Do you
      think the WORLD of their music and would recommend the band's CDs to
      ANYONE? Then, please pass along the following.

      SUBMIT NEW MUSIC ASAP - TO:
      SickAmongthePure.com

      Submissions info & Guidelines: *CLICK HERE*
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/submit.html

      Cheers!

      Jett Black - Industrie Editor
      http://www.sickamongthepure.com/files/Team/Black.html