Howdy and hullo!

  • vermicious_knid_21
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hey folks

      I'm new to this group and thought I'd send I quick "what I do"...
      I've been making zines through my own Lupine Ladies Press for over 4
      years now. Zines I put out include Sex, Death and Ronald MacDonald
      (a poetry and arts zine); Burn In Hell, Buddy! (a perzine);
      Transcendence (a zine by/for transgender youth); The Great Plastic
      Elevator (an audiozine) and an assortment of other good stuff.

      I'm pretty much always happy to trade, sell, or accept submissions
      for any of the above, so please get in touch and let's work something
      out... (I've got fun stickers too.)

      Also, I just started a new yahoogroup. In the group, I will post
      submission calls, zine release announcements, previews and
      supplements of the print zines and more. I would also like it to be
      a forum for any other zinesters who want to trade zines or ideas, as
      well as a space for writers to discuss their pieces, critique each
      other's and generally form a constructive small press writer's
      community. So if you'd like to join, send an e-mail to vermicious-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Thanks - hope to be hearing from you...
      Vermicious Knid
    • punkgrl678
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2002
        Hey everyone.. I was planning on making a perzine that included all
        of my poetry (over 150) and I was only going to hand it out to some
        friends, blah blah blah. But the people who read it tend to say it's
        really good, i'm very talented and should keep writing. So recently I
        went online to try and find publishers but I couldn't find one that
        was what I was looking for. I want to publish my poetry in my very
        own damn book. SO. If anyone knows of a publisher, or even a freakin
        coffee house that puts out books of poets, let me know. I'm looking
        in my area (Rochester) and so far, no luck. Is there anything I need
        to be looking for specifically? Thanks, Nicole