Re: heya

  • Splat_Zine
    Message 1 of 617 , Sep 25, 2001
      It all depends on what 'zine community you're in.
      I used to do videogame fanzines and the VG
      community ALL used PC DTP apps for producing their
      'zines... handmade was 'cheap and unprofessional' to them.
      In the music 'zine realm I was in mine, being DTP'd
      was crap... most of those were professionally
      designed and printed (actual print press work, NOT
      xeroxing). In the per-zine realm like most club members,
      it's the DIY attitude that's preferred. <br><br>My
      advice? Go with what YOU like, whats best and/or easiest
      for YOU. Why? Because it's your 'zine being done
      mostly for yourself. And most any real fanzine reader
      will concentrate and care about content than design.
      upcoming new 'zine and used to use Publisher for his
      previous work).
      Message 617 of 617 , Mar 19, 2002