The Denver Zine Library’s Grand Re-Opening and New Website!

  • kelly shortandqueer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      Dear friends of the Denver Zine Library,

      Yes, the rumors are true! After several months in temporary storage, the Denver
      Zine Library is officially re-opening on Monday, September 6!

      NEW LOCATION AND NEW NEIGHBORS
      The Denver Zine Library is now located in the 27 Social Centre at 2727 W. 27th
      Ave, Denver CO 80211. We’re thrilled to be sharing this space with some other
      incredible projects including Build Up Books, Sent(a)mental Studios, Bread and
      Roses Workers Cultural Center, and P&L Printing.

      GRAND RE-OPENING
      The projects at the 27 Social Centre are almost all settled in and functional.
      The space has had some changes and new additions. Some coats of paint have been
      applied, and though there’s still lots of work to do, we want you to come and
      celebrate with us! We will have… Food, refreshments, kid’s activities and games,
      lots of free literature, members of all the projects to answer questions and
      help you plug in or support anti-capitalist community projects in Denver and
      most importantly, YOU and your friends and family!
      Monday, September 6, 2010 from 1-5pm
      2727 W. 27th Ave, Denver CO 80211 – entrance around the right side of the
      building
      FREE!!!

      NEW WEBSITE
      The DZL has redone our website and we’re excited to be able to share ongoing
      happenings much easier. Check it out at www.denverzinelibrary.org!

      SAME HOURS
      The DZL will be open on Saturdays and Sundays from 1pm-5pm and by appointment.
      If you’re unable to come by on the weekend and want to set up a visit, e-mail
      denverzinelibrary@...

      SAME MAILING ADDRESS
      We’re still collection zine donations and they can be mailed to:
      Denver Zine Library
      PO Box 13826
      Denver CO 80201

      SAME AWESOMENESS (well, maybe we’re even better now…)
      If you’d like to get involved, contact denverzinelibrary@... for volunteer
      opportunities. And stay connected:
      · Get e-mail updates. To join the list, send a blank e-mail to
      denverzinelibrary-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      · On Facebook – Join our group:
      http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?discarded&id=531529487#!/group.php?gid=57922627417&ref=ts

      · On MySpace – Be our friend: www.myspace.com/zinelibrary

      UPCOMING EVENT
      Zines on toast is a month long tour with zinesters from the UK (Rumlad, Last
      Hours, Hey Monkey Riot and Morgenmuffel) travelling with Portland's Alex Wrekk
      (Brainscan and Stolen Sharpie Revolution). Join us for tales of the London Zine
      Symposium, failing to punch Tony Blair, ideas for radical health, creating a UK
      social centre, bike punks, regional dialects and much more!
      Tuesday, September 14 at the Denver Zine Library
      7pm, $3-5 suggested donation
      Details at http://zinesontoast.org/

      Much zine-filled love!
      Kelly Shortandqueer