Why Should Your Prospects Listen to You?

  • Dennis Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      Dennis Hall offers the following royalty-free article for you to publish online or in print.
      Feel free to use this article in your newsletter, website, ezine, blog, or forum.
      - You have permission to publish this article for free providing the "About the Author" box is included in its entirety.
      - Do not post/reprint this article in any site or publication that contains hate, violence, porn, warez, or supports illegal activity.
      - Do not use this article in violation of the US CAN-SPAM Act. If sent by email, this article must be delivered to opt-in subscribers only.
      - If you publish this article in a format that supports linking, please ensure that all URLs and email addresses are active links.
      - Please send a copy of the publication, or an email indicating the URL to jmasters@...
      - Article Marketer (www.ArticleMarketer.com) has distributed this article on behalf of the author. Article Marketer does not own this article, please respect the author's copyright and publication guidelines. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this article.
      Article Title: Why Should Your Prospects Listen to You?
      Author: Dennis Hall
      Category: Ezines and Newsletters, Email, Branding
      Word Count: 582
      Author's Email Address: jmasters@...
      Article Source: http://www.articlemarketer.com

      Have you ever stopped to look at your marketing materials from your prospects point of view? When you decide to pursue marketing you do research, study copy writing techniques and all the other things necessary to get your idea or product "out there". Since you have put so much work into it, you know it through and through but you need to stop right there and ask yourself if you didn't know anything about this miracle (product or idea) would you care?

      A very common mistake marketers make is looking at marketing from only one side. If you're going to look at it from only one side, then choose to look at your offer from the customers side. To reach your prospects you need to answer these five magic questions.

      Who are you? - If you are going to profess some expertise and offer your super beneficial "widget" that solves all the worlds problems, or at least one specific one, then you must explain who "You" are. If you have years of experience or a degree in a relevant field then maybe you're worth listening to. Perhaps you've overcome some significant struggle and now you can share your success story with others. Whatever you particular reason is you have to explain that relevant point to your prospect, otherwise why should they listen to you?

      What do you want? - Why are you bothering me? If you're hear to tell me how wonderful you are, then you can save your breath. If you have a purpose for taking up my time then get to the point. Make it clear that you have important information that is worth sharing.

      Why should I care? - How does this apply to me, does it make a difference to me? You have to explain why this concerns "me", not just everyone but "ME". I don't care about anyone else other myself so explain very directly why "I" should listen to you.

      What"s in it for me? - If I am interested in what you have to say then how does this benefit me? Will this help me or at least help me avoid something I don't want? If there is a worthwhile benefit in what you're pitching then make it clear as a bell. Don't be vague or wishy-washy if it will help me then make that undeniably clear.

      What do I do now? - So you may be some kind of expert, and you have a reason to tell me about it, you've explained why I should listen and even explained what this super widget will do for me but what do I have to do to next, what's my next step? It may seem obvious to you (looking from the marketer's side) but do I fill in this form and click submit? Do I call this 800 number and schedule an appointment? You have to make these steps clear and simple. Do not assume anything and explain how to respond to your "call to action".

      Whatever you are marketing, physical products, services or information, if you answer these five questions for your prospects you will now be pushing the right buttons. They want to know who, what, when, why and what next. Don't make your prospects guess these questions. Look at all your marketing materials through the eyes of your prospects, you may be surprised at what you see.

      Marketing tips and resources abound, who to listen to? Listen to your conscience as you listen to "their" advice, when they both agree you are on the right track. http://TheMarketingGentleman.com