zine resource directory needs submissions!

  • lack_of_decorum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2003
      Hi there zinesters,

      This is Melonie in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I'm trying to put
      together a reference/catelogue/directory of zine stores & distros in
      North America & the world. Sounds ambitious, right? Well, I already
      have a list of over 160 resources [covering Canada, the US, the UK,
      Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Asia], but it's constantly
      expanding! I'm seeking submissions, information, anything you can
      offer to make my directory more thorough and accurate. If you run a
      distro, please feel free to email me with the distro name, contact
      information and even a small explanation of what your distro is about
      and what kinds of zines/stuff you sell [please keep this "blurb"
      separate from location information]. If you know of a store in your
      town or city that sells small press fare, same deal: name, contact
      info and hopefully a description of the store. Even if I already
      have the name of the store or distro, I may have incorrect, outdated
      or incomplete information, so whatever you send me is bound to be of
      some use.

      I initially had the idea of creating a "distro directory" recently as
      I'm also potentially creating a local zine library at McMaster
      University. If the library goes ahead as planned, the distro
      resource will be a part of it—that means that when someone reads a
      zine they like, they can immediately find a place to buy it by
      checking out the distros listed [good news for you distro owners!].
      I'd also like to carry flyers for various distros, for the same
      reason [getting the word out; free publicity!].

      If this interests you or you have anything to share or contribute,
      please write to me & we'll take it from there. Cheers!

      --Melonie