NEW PUBLISHING CONCEPT

  • thamarahua2
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2003
      Hi!

      I have opened up a new website http://www.thamarahua.com and am
      incorporating a section for books. While the website may not have your
      attention, I would ask for your opinions and feedback on the idea for the
      book section please.

      Firstly, the authors donate the use of ALL the books sold on this site, and
      ALL the proceeds are given to The Thamara Humanitarian Trust. This
      Trust was set up on March 4, 2003 to serve the needs of the poor and
      destitute in India and Thamara is working towards establishing a social
      welfare project, which will involve (perhaps amongst other things)
      orphanages, and destitute single women.

      We are offering the books for sale on this site at nominal charges, but
      they cannot be copied or downloaded. They are for reading on your
      computer only.

      While there are still some things to be worked out, if you have a book
      that you would like to see published or displayed in this manner, please
      contact us at admin@...

      Now there are some people who have already published their own
      books, or would like to publish their manuscripts, this is another way
      that you can get your work out into the open market.

      You will always maintain the ownership and copyright to your work and
      we will provide a quarterly statement advising you of the status and
      sales of your book. Depending on the qualifications, which exist in your
      country, this statement may be used as a 'donation receipt' for a tax
      deduction in your Income Tax Return.

      If you are a self-publisher, and would like to offer your book for sale in
      this manner, we can also include a reference in the write up of your
      book, as to the how and where your book can be purchased in print.
      This could certainly help you in the sale of your book also.

      We look forward to hearing from you. And please tell your friends about
      this innovate, charitable, idea.

      Have a great day!
      Annette