SPA Update

  • aipman1
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2002
      Hello everyone, just taking a moment before the holiday to go around
      and let the places that have been following the development of the
      Small Press Association know what's new.

      We've completely re-done the JUKEBOX system, and it is ready now to
      serve the independant music scene as much as the rest of the SPA
      serves comic book and zine publishing. We can now list albums with
      cover art and mp3s linked to information about the band, and if the
      band sends in a copy of their CD, we will link it to a buy now
      button as well so that we can sell CDs as easily as we sell the
      comics and zines we have been. We'll be able to add these CDs to our
      distribution sheet, which means we'll be able to get our print
      magazine, Obscurity Unlimited, into more record stores. Anyone and
      everyone interested in checking this out, listening to music from
      groups you haven't heard of yet, or getting your band's music in
      there, check out: http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Music

      We think this cross-pollination of music and publications will
      really increase interest in all things small press, and help the
      Dimestore system solidify it's budding distribution avenue. But we
      haven't spent ALL our time on the Music, we've also started
      solidifying plans to bring a comics/zine festival to Cleveland next
      year. Keep an eye out for more information on that in our FORUM:
      http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Forum/

      And we'd also, while we have your attention, like to point out that
      our Printing Service is now fully ready to take orders for printing
      of Full Size, Full Color comic books, for the cost most are paying
      for their B+W comics. Our B+W numbers will follow in the new year,
      but why go B+W when you can go full color for the same price you're
      paying now? Check that out here:
      http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Printing.asp

      Finally, our Pick of the Month system is picking up steam, with a
      good number of subscribers already subscribed, who will receive a
      copy of the first Pick of the Month when the next issue of OU goes
      to press in January. It's a great way to get the BEST small press
      comic books that come out each month, and it also makes a great
      christmas gift for any comic reading friend or family member! Check
      out this (and how to get considered to BE a pick) at:
      http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Obscurity/BookClub.asp

      Ok, enough updates! Hope you and yours have a great holiday season.
      Me, I have about 3 months work to squeeze into next month...so I'll
      probably be fairly quiet till then! Take care!

      Ian Shires