MRR zine reviews

  • rockydentist
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2002
      from Maximumumrocknroll issue # 233 October 2002 - Zine
      reviews by Chloe Jensen

      RETARD RIOT #5 & #6 Send stamps or SASE, 2.75 x 4.25 –
      copied – 16 pages each

      I really like zines that confuse me. Having said that, I think these
      zines are rad, but I can see how some people would disagree.
      The basic premise in both zines is a collection of drawings,
      most leaning towards the political side, but some of it is just
      plain weird. There are also record reviews in #5 and book
      reviews in #6, but it seems like the main focus is the art.
      Sometimes it can get a little immature, but more in more of a
      light-hearted, joking way than anything else. If you want serious,
      long-winded and heartfelt zines, these aren't for you, but they
      sure made me laugh (especially the "terrorist bumber sticker
      sale"). (CJ)
      Noah 192-194 Main St. Apt#13 Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

      SNAGGLETOOTH #1 Send stamps or SASE, 2.75 x 4.25 –
      copied – 16 pages
      The first thing I saw when I opened this zine was the
      proclamation that "Reading makes you smart. But plus it makes
      you crazy too. Now you're reading and getting a little crazier." And
      how true it was. This is a puzzlingly cute and funny collection of
      drawings with a little bit of writing. Some subjects include
      children on pogo sticks, trees, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,
      and 40 guzzlin', breakdancin', gun-totin' fingerprints. I feel a lot
      crazier now. But in a good way. (CJ)
      Sasha 24 Fisk St. Red Hook, NY 12571