SPA: bigger than all of us!

  • aipman1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2002
      We've been going around joining all the artists groups and
      forums we can find all over the internet, seeking out writers,
      artists, publishers, and bringing them together with readers
      interested in the non-mainstream in the name of the Small Press
      Association for a good while now. We started off as a Yahoo Club,
      became quite active real quick, then they switched us to the Groups,
      and the bugs in that switch led us to move our merry group into a
      forum on our own servers. Not all members were happy with the
      shutting down of the yahoo group, and occasional posts and proddings
      by members have led us to REOPEN the SPA's Yahoo Group site, as a
      SISTER SITE to the Forum.
      The Obscurity Unlimited news/review magazine that this all grew
      out of is switching from a digest format to a magazine size format
      with it's upcoming issue, and new distribution programs now in place
      will start off with a doubleing of the number of copies that get
      printed, and that's just a start. As we develop the new distribution
      system to new areas, we expect to see editions go into the 1000's of
      copies.
      Our excitement level is continuing to explode, and we're hoping
      that you'll stop in and see what the SPA can do for you. Between our
      talent pool, for people looking for colaborators/talent, to our
      Buyer's Club, which sends publishers orders for their small press
      publications, and allows a person to order ten things from ten
      publishers with one order, to the developing How To section for those
      just learning the hows and whats about small press, and the rageing
      fun community of creators and readers...you are sure to find
      something in the SPA for you!
      Best part: It's free! no membership fees, no pressure to buy
      anything. Yes, we do have a magazine, and an anthology of members
      work, available...but you won't be force-fed get-it get-it stuff. All
      reviews from the magazine end up in the website. There won't be any
      spam from us! We feel that if someone wants something, they'll ask
      about it.
      So here's the sites to check out!
      http://www.dimestoreproductions.com - our main website where all
      the reviews and information is, as well as the online buyer's club,
      which is hooked up with the Paypal system if you order anything.
      http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/Forum/portal_content.asp - the
      topic-driven place where members discuss items of their choosing in
      many catagories of interest.
      upload artwork, talk about whatever is of interest in the day, and
      join occasional chats.
      The SPA is here to continue to innovate and expand the way small
      press works.

      Ian Shires