arranging band interviews

  • exploding_head_movie
    Message 1 of 377 , Jan 9, 2000
      Thanks for all the tips on starting a 'zine. I've
      contributed to a few before, but for the first time ever I'm
      now editing an indie music zine I took over from
      someone else, so it was good to get some
      advice.<br><br>But what I really want to know is this: how do I go
      about getting interview with bands?<br><br>There are a
      few bands I'd like to interview for the zine coming
      to town in the next month or so, but I have
      literally *no* idea how to go about it. I don't know how to
      arrange an interview, where it should happen, whether it
      should be before or after the gig, what I'd need to take
      or prepare beforehand (well, obviously a dictaphone
      or similar and some questions, but apart from that)
      or anything.<br><br>If anyone can help me out with
      this, I'd be really grateful. Sorry to ask such a dumb
      question, but as you can see I'm pretty much a newcomer,
      and the person I'm taking it over from was in much
      the same boat as well, so I have nobody else to
      ask.<br><br>Thanks...
      Message 377 of 377 , Aug 9, 2002