Makin' yer' own 'zine (last post)

  • gothgrrl66
    Message 1 of 377 , Jan 9, 2000
      This was obviously far from comprehensive, but
      hopefully it will give you some idea of what it's all
      about. If you have more questions, feel free to contact
      almost any zinester. They'll probably be willing to help
      you out. You can always contact me if you like MBD,
      and need some pointers on getting a zine going, or
      improving your currently running zine. I would encourage
      anyone who wants to start a zine to do so. Although, if
      you're hoping to get a lot of money and free records you
      won't. Half the free records you'll end up getting you
      probably won't like anyway. There are much cheaper methods
      of getting a lot of records than starting a zine
      (for instance, buying them...). <br><br>Also, keep in
      mind that starting a zine, is, by nature a business
      venture. You can say "It's not a business because I'm not
      going to do it to make money". Well, I don't do MBD to
      make money (and I have yet to even come close), but
      zines that bring in money for ads, or for copies are in
      fact businesses. The only exception would be zines
      that don't sell copies, or bring in any money for ads.
      If you're selling ads or copies, you are a business.
      So be prepared for that. You don't have to choose to
      run a successful business but you should be prepared
      for what will come with the territory of running a
      article originally appeared in Midget Breakdancing Digest
      #11. To get a copy of the latest MBD, send $1
      please don't hesitate to e-mail Golden Boy
      at:<br>midgetbd@...
      Message 377 of 377 , Aug 9, 2002