Small Press Idol 2009

  • aipman1
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2009
      Hi there! It's that time again, Small Press Idol is about to land.
      This year, we have a number of guideline changes, based on contestant
      suggestions and requests. But the big news this year is that we have
      as co-sponsor for the contest, Haven Distribution...and together, the
      Small Press Idol books will all be offered to comic shops for the
      first time. We've also upped the cash payout this year for the winner
      (we're STARTING at $200 this year, PLUS half of the entry fees), and
      added pay-out potential for all Mysterious Visions appearances. The
      dreaded Veto process has been completely changed, and the Judges will
      now vote before a round begins, and we will give the projects the
      chance to prove the judges wrong. Judges will not be able to move up
      projects that didn't get enough votes to move on in a round.

      So we'd like to invite everyone to come see this year's Idol Homepage
      (which includes a new Idol Impact section which shows all of the books
      that small press has helped launch over the years), we're expecting
      this to be our biggest year ever. We're touting this year as "American
      Idol, meets The Apprentice", so if you're an amateur comic creator -
      and you want to get some real advice from Judges who know what it
      takes to make it, test your meddle and make some great friends along
      the way - Then Idol is here. Our 6th year! If you're just looking for
      new and upcoming talent to check out, great! We'll have plenty of eye
      candy for you as well.

      If anyone has any questions, I'll be looking for them and be around to
      answer.

      http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/content287.html

      Ian Shires
      Ian@...