Stephanie Davies offers the following royalty-free article for you to publish online or in print.
Feel free to use this article in your newsletter, website, ezine, blog, or forum.
- You have permission to publish this article for free providing the "About the Author" box is included in its entirety.
- Do not post/reprint this article in any site or publication that contains hate, violence, porn, warez, or supports illegal activity.
- Do not use this article in violation of the US CAN-SPAM Act. If sent by email, this article must be delivered to opt-in subscribers only.
- If you publish this article in a format that supports linking, please ensure that all URLs and email addresses are active links.
- Please send a copy of the publication, or an email indicating the URL to snlash@...
- Article Marketer (www.ArticleMarketer.com) has distributed this article on behalf of the author. Article Marketer does not own this article, please respect the author's copyright and publication guidelines. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this article.
Article Title: How Writing Articles Can Increase Your Business
Author: Stephanie Davies
Category: Advertising, Business, Article Marketing
Word Count: 708
Keywords: article, articles, writing, write, marketing, ads, advertising, business, website, websites, traffic
Author's Email Address: snlash@...
Article Source: http://www.articlemarketer.com
------------------ ARTICLE START ------------------
Well, for starters, you are reading this right? Many online business owners use article writing as a way to spread the word about their business and their website, and if you arent doing so, you are missing out on a lot of potential customers!
In this article, I will show you some very simple yet effective ways to write articles easily to increase traffic to your website.
The first thing you need to do in order to write an effective article is to write about what you know. If you dont know about the internal combustion engine, you shouldnt be writing articles about the internal combustion engine. Hopefully, you already know a lot about what you are selling, so that part should fall right into place. For example, if you sell advertising, write articles about advertising: how to advertise effectively, ways to advertise, how not to advertise, how advertising can help you, and so on. You may also write article on other topics you have knowledge about that may not relate to your business. For instance, I have written a lot of articles about cats, housecleaning, and religion, yet these have nothing to do with my business. However, writing articles that are related in some way to your business will only help to attract visitors that are interested in what you sell.
Another thing to keep in mind is where your articles are being published. Are you submitting them to search engines? What about to article directories? Are you publishing them on your website or in newsletters? There are dozens of places you can place your article to get others to read it. Of course, the more places you submit your article, the more chances it will have of being read. Just be careful to make sure who your target audience is. You dont want to submit your article to a gardening website if your article is about flying airplanes. Not only is the chance that your article will be declined larger than normal, but even if by chance it does get published, people at that site generally wont care about the topic.
I highly recommend article-publishing services to submit your articles to article directories. The best I have found on the internet is Article Marketer, however there are alternative submission services as well. I also recommend submitting your articles by hand as well, as not all publishing services can cover all the article directories out there, not to mention you will be able to direct your article better as well. Another great place to get your articles seen is to swap or exchange articles with newsletter publishers. If you dont have a newsletter for your business, you are missing out! (But that is a topic for a whole other article!) And finally, doing a simple Google search for Submit Your Article will net a huge amount of places for you to submit your articles.
When you actually go to write the article, here are a few simple tips to get your article noticed:
1. Grab the readers attention in the first paragraph. If your article reads like an instruction manual (unless of course, that is what it is), people will get bored quickly.
2. Have a sense of humor. If your article isnt meant to be humorous, you can always make small quips, or include something offhand in your bio.
3. Speaking of which, always, always, ALWAYS make sure you have a clear, concise, and well-written bio at the bottom of your articles that simply tells a little about you and the URL of your website.
4. Proofread! When you are done writing your article, look it over and make sure it reads easily, fluidly, and contains no grammatical or spelling errors.
Absolutely anyone is capable of writing good articles that can bring in more traffic to their website. With the right knowledge, and the time and effort to do so, effective articles can benefit your business as well as the article directories and places you submit to. If you follow these simple strategies, you will see a marked improvement in your traffic stats.
Stephanie Davies is a 27 year old Missourian with a loving husband and an 8 year old son. She currently owns and operates her own business, Mystickal Incense & More, which sells handmade candles, incense, bath & body products and other handcrafted products at http://www.mystickalincense.com
------------------ ARTICLE END ------------------
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]