Anabolic Steroids, Ok In Moderation?

  • Tremper Phorgman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006

      Message delivered directly to members of the group:

      Tremper Phorgman

      contains the article to articledistribute[at]gmail.com (replace
      [at] with @)

      MUST be set to hyperlinks and we ask that you send a copy of
      the URL where the article is posted to
      articledistribute[at]gmail.com (replace [at] with @)

      The role of iSnare.com is only to distribute this article as
      part of its Article Distribution feature (
      http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php ). iSnare.com does NOT
      own this article, please respect the author's copyright and
      this publication/reprint terms. If you do not agree to any of
      these terms, please do not reprint or publish this article.

      Article Title: Anabolic Steroids, Ok In Moderation?
      Author: Tremper Phorgman
      Word Count: 452
      Article URL:
      Format: 64cpl
      Author's Email Address: articledistribute[at]gmail.com (replace
      [at] with @)

      Easy Publish Tool: http://www.isnare.com/html.php?aid=55569

      Wow! Can you believe all of the news about anabolic steroids
      right now? It is really causing a stir but not necessarily for
      the right reasons. Let's take a few moments to consider what
      makes the prevalent use of these performance enhancers besides
      the fact that people are "cheating."

      First let's discuss whether this is really cheating or at least
      try to gain perspective on this. To do this we have to know what
      we are talking about. Anabolic means to build up (rather than
      catabolic which means to tear apart or break down). Steroid is
      just a type of molecule that is found in the body and because
      of its makeup serves as a hormone and regulates the synthesis
      of DNA by entering the nucleus and attaching itself to
      different parts of the machinery that produces the DNA. So
      these anabolic steroids are simply substances that go to
      muscle, among other tissue, and build it up.

      Basically they are just adding to an already natural process
      that goes on in all of our bodies. Those people who naturally
      have higher levels of these hormones are going to have
      naturally bigger muscles and also greater potential if they
      work them. So the question then is, is it really ability that
      goes into being extra strong or is it a crap shoot. I for one
      choose the latter and for this reason don't think that it is
      cheating so much as potentiating the actual ability that
      someone has in a sport. There are two big reasons for my
      thinking. First you still have to work hard to have big muscles
      while taking steroids. Second you still have to be good at
      swinging a bat and choosing the right pitch to be good at
      hitting. In both cases you are just using a "tool" to maximize
      your potential, much like sunglasses help you to see a fly ball
      better in the out field but it doesn't catch the ball for you.

      You might be surprised then to hear me say that I don't think
      that anabolic steroids should be legal. You have to hear my
      reason though--not because I think it is cheating but instead I
      think it is not good for the health of the player. You see
      muscles that make you stronger aren't the only thing that these
      substances affect. They affect your heart putting you at
      increased risk of sudden death. They also make your muscles too
      big for your body to support meaning greater chance of tendon,
      ligament, and bone injury. There are many other things that are
      affected in a negative way as well that make these things
      totally not worth it.

      About The Author: Tremper Phorgman has been passionate about
      bodybuilding for over 15 years. He loves to help train people
      as long as want to do it in healthy ways. Visit
      http://www.anabolicsteroidshub.info to learn more about
      anabolic steroids.

      Please use the HTML version of this article at:

      For more free-reprint articles by Tremper Phorgman please