Vinyl Banner Design Tips
- Please consider this free-reprint article written by:
IMPORTANT - Publication/Reprint Terms
- You have permission to publish this article electronically in
free-only publications such as a website or an ezine as long as
the bylines are included.
- You are not allowed to use this article for commercial
purposes. The article should only be reprinted in a publicly
accessible website and not in a members-only commercial site.
- You are not allowed to post/reprint this article in any
sites/publications that contains or supports hate, violence,
porn and warez or any indecent and illegal sites/publications.
- You are not allowed to use this article in UCE (Unsolicited
Commercial Email) or SPAM. This article MUST be distributed in
an opt-in email list only.
- If you distribute this article in an ezine or newsletter, we
ask that you send a copy of the newsletter or ezine that
contains the article to rh@...
- If you post this article in a website/forum/blog, ALL links
MUST be set to hyperlinks and we ask that you send a copy of
the URL where the article is posted to
- We request that you ask permission from the author if you
want to publish this article in print.
The role of iSnare.com is only to distribute this article as
part of its Article Distribution feature (
http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php ). iSnare.com does NOT
own this article, please respect the author's copyright and
this publication/reprint terms. If you do not agree to any of
these terms, please do not reprint or publish this article.
Article Title: Vinyl Banner Design Tips
Author: Rick Hendershot
Word Count: 363
Article URL: http://www.isnare.com/?id=13544&ca=Marketing
Author's Email Address: rh@...
Easy Publish Tool: http://www.isnare.com/html.php?id=13544
================== ARTICLE START ==================
Vinyl banner design is about as easy as it gets for the
non-professional graphic designer. Generally speaking, a vinyl
banner is easy to design, and anybody with a little bit of
graphic design experience can do it.
Even if you have no experience, your supplier can point you in
the right direction, or even design your banner for a small
Here are some things to watch for when designing a vinyl
1. Use a software that handles CMYK full color output. There
are at least three kinds of software you can use:
- Image editors like Photoshop, PhotoPaint, or PhotoImpact
- Page Layout programs like Quarkxpress, Pagemaker, or InDesign
- Illustration programs like Illustrator or CorelDraw
Generally speaking, programs that are designed for consumers or
general office applications are not recommended: e.g., Word,
Wordperfect, Publisher, Excel, etc. If you have a specific
inquiry, don't hesitate to ask your vinyl banner supplier. A
good source of information is the contact person at your
supplier (see below).
2. The best designs contain two or three basic elements.
Usually, these will be a photograph, a large headline, and an
"identifier" such as your company name, logo, or phone number.
3. Use bright colors. The most striking vinyl banners have lots
of bright colors.
4. Design your vinyl banner so it is readable for your target
audience. If it is going to be placed on a building or beside a
road on a fence, or on an outfield fence at a baseball or soccer
field, make sure your most important message is easy to read.
5. Make sure your images have sufficient resolution. For some
advice on image resolution, see the FAQ link below.
6. Make sure your vinyl banner fits the area where you're going
to mount it. Don't guess the size. Most people who are not
familiar with signage will UNDERESTIMATE the required size.
7. Consider alternative methods of mounting your vinyl banner.
Grommets are the default method of mounting a banner on a wall
or fence. But often "pole pockets" are simpler and more
About The Author: Rick Hendershot is a writer and founder
Linknet Promotions - http://www.linknet-promotions.com Vinyl
banners supplier ==> http://www.america-banners.com Vinyl
Banner FAQ ==> http://www.america-banners.com/faq.html
================== ARTICLE END ==================
For more free-reprint articles by Rick Hendershot please visit: